UAF SUB-CAMPUS BUREWALA-VEAHRI
Agricultural development is a multidimensional process. Agricultural education plays vital role in promoting rural development through approved production technologies, new farming skills and expertise. District Vehari is one of the most important districts of the Punjab Province in terms of Agriculture. Keeping in view the important of agriculture in this region, Government of the Punjab decided to establish a campus of University of Agriculture, Faisalabad in Burewala-Vehari. Government has allocated 131 acres of land at Chak 427/EB, 7 Km Chichawatni Road. The foundation stone of the campus was laid down on 13th February 2013 by honorable Chief Minister of Punjab Mian Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif.
In the meanwhile, the campus started its services at Regional Agricultural Economic Development Centre (RAEDC) Vehari. The classes of BSc (Hons) Agriculture Sciences initiated in this building in November 2013. In addition to facilities of well-equipped research labs, about 54 acres research farm is also available for practical and research work of students. After construction of new building at Burewala, the classes havebeen shifted in newly constructed building in February 2016.
At present, fourth batch of B.Sc. (Hons.) Agricultural Sciences has been enrolled. In addition to BSc (Hons) Agricultural Sciences, BS (Computer Science), BBA (Agri.-Business), MSc (Computer Science), Mphil (Education) Weekend Program are already running programs in the campus. New degree program including MSc Botany, MSc Chemistry, MSc Economics and MSc Sociology has also been initiated. The campus has well equipped research laboratories that having sufficient infrastructure for conducting basic as well as advanced research.
- Increasing agricultural production and productivity, to ensure food security for the rising population.
- Focusing the agricultural research system to develop economically viable technologies.
- To conduct quality research and produce skilled human resource.
- Capacity building and finding solutions for strategic issues in agricultural and rural development.
- To make modern research approachable to the stakeholders.
- To facilitate farmers with innovation and novelty in agriculture.
- To ensure the propagation of quality education and research through outreach program.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE SUB-CAMPUS
Agriculture is the back bone of Pakistan Economy. Vehari district is considered one of the important district from agricultural point of view. To solve agricultural related problems of the farmer’s community and to provide them technical knowledge the Sub-Campus also designed an outreach program. At campus level, a farm advisory service program has also initiated. In this program following free of cost services are available to the farmer’s community.
- Analysis of irrigation water for enhancing crop growth and maintaining soil quality.
- Soil analysis for monitoring the quality and examine the nutrient status of soil.
- Information regarding advanced production technology.
- Consultancy regarding crop diseases, insect pest attack and their effective control.