Dr. Muhammad Rashid Waqas
Cell No: +92-333-6460806
HEC Approved Supervisor: No
Soil & Environmental Microbiology, Bio-fertilizer, Organic fertilizer for crops, Biofuel production from algae, Recycling of organic waste, Biodegradation & Bioremediation
- Imran, M., M, Arshad and R. Waqas. 2012. Isolation and screening of bacteria capable of decolorizing Azo dyes. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing Germany, ISBN 978-3-8465-8043-1. PP 96.
- Rashid Waqas and Muhammad Arshad. 2011. Plant Growth Promoting Rhizobacteria: Application under Water Stressed Field Conditions. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing Germany, ISBN 978-3-8473-3397-5. PP 92.
B: BOOK CHAPTERS:
- Shahroona, B., M. Arshad, R. Waqas, and A. Khalid., 2012. Role of ethylene and plant growth promoting rhizobacteria in stressed crop plants. In: Shanker, A. (ed.), Crop stress and its management: Perspectives and strategies. Springer- Verlag Berlin Heidelberg. PP 429-446.
C: RESEARCH PAPERS:
- Khakwani, A., M. Arshad, R. Waqas, M. B. Hussain, S. M. Nadeem and M. Imran. 2016. Comparative Efficacy of Bio-organic and Mineral Phosphate on Growth, Yield and Economics of Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) Grown by Different Methods. Comm. Soil Sci. Plant Ana. (Accepted for Publication)
- Waqas, R., G. Fareed, M. Arshad and F. Hassan. 2016. Biodiesel production from algae by using different oil extractants. J Phycol. (In Review).
- Waqas, R., M. Arshad, H.N. Asghar and M. Asghar, 2015. Optimization of factors for enhanced phycoremediation of reactive blue azo dye. Int. J. Agric. Biol., 17: 803-808
- Ejaz, M., R. Waqas, M. Butt, F. Bashir, Shoaib-ur-Rehman and A. Manan. 2014. Effects of foliar application of boron (B) on growth and yield characteristics of tomato grown in Poly Tunnel. Pak. J. Agri. Sci.
- Saleem, M.U., R. Waqas, M. Arshad, A. Ali, Z. Ahmad and M. Imran. 2013. Efficacy of Algae as Carrier for Efficient Production of Biofertilizer. Environ. Process. Eng., 1-2, 16–19.
- Ejaz, M., R. Waqas, C.M. Ayyub, M. Butt, Shuaib-ur-Rehman, F. Bashir and A. Manan. 2012. Efficacy of zinc with nitrogen as foliar feeding on growth, yield and quality of tomato grown under poly tunnel. Pak. J. Agri. Sci., Vol. 49(3), 331-333.
- Ahsan, M., Shoaib-ur-Rehman, A. Younis, A. Riaz, U. Tariq, R. Waqas. 2012. Different strategies to create earliness and enhance quality of tuberose (Polianthes tuberosa L.) CV. Single. Asian J Pharm Biol Res. 2(1): 84-89.
- Arshad, M. and R. Waqas. 2011. Novel bacteria possessing ACC-deaminase enzyme enhances the water use efficiency in field crops. International poster journal of science and technology. 1(1): (Poster No. 2)
- Imran, M., R. Waqas, Z. H. Nazli, B. Shaharoona and M. Arshad. 2011. Effect of recycled and value added organic waste on solubilization of Rock phosphate in soil and its influence on maize growth. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology. 13: 751-755
- Ejaz, M., Shoaib-ur-Rehaman, R. Waqas, A. Manan, M. Imran and M.A. Bukhari. 2011a. Combined efficacy of macro-nutrients and micronutrients as foliar application on growth and yield of tomato grown by vegetable forcing. International Journal of Agro Veterinary and Medical Sciences. 5(3): 327-335.
- Imran, M., R. Waqas, M. Arshad, F. Bashir and M. Imran. 2011. Bacterial decolorization of commonly used azodyes in textile industry of Faisalabad. Proceeding of 4th international conference on environmentally sustainable development. July 24-26, 2011. COMSATS institute of information technology, Abbottabad, Pakistan.
- Waqas, R., M. Imran, M. Arshad, M. M. Saleem and F. Bashir. 2011. Effect of recycled and value added organic waste on solubilization of rock phosphate in soil. Proceeding of 4th international conference on environmentally sustainable development. July 24-26, 2011. COMSATS institute of information technology, Abbottabad, Pakistan.
- Ejaz, M., R. Waqas, M. Butt, Shoaib-ur-Rehman and A. Manan. 2011. Role of macro-nutrients and micro-nutrients in enhancing the quality of tomato. Int. J. Agro Vet. Med. Sci. 5:401-404.
- Waqas, R., M. Arshad, B. Shaharoona, A. Khalid and M. Imran. 2011. Utilization of Novel ACC-deaminase Biotechnology for mitigation of water deficit stress to field crops. Proceedings of International conference on water resources engineering and management. University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore-Pakistan, 7-8 March 2011. P. 97-104
- Waqas, R., M. Arshad, B. Shaharoona, A. Khalid and I. Naqvi. 2010. Integrated use of potassium fertilization and PGPR containing ACC-deaminase on alleviation of water deficit stress in maize. Proceedings of 2nd International conference on sustainable water management in developing countries- challenges and oppertunities. Memon et al. (ed.). Mehran University of engineering and technology, Jamshoro, Sindh, Pakistan, 15-17 September 2010. p. 185-191
- Waqas, R., M. Arshad, B. Shaharoona, A. Khalid. 2010. Utilizing the novel bacteria possessing ACC-deaminase enzyme as bioinoculants to enhance water use efficiency in field crops. Proceedings of 2nd International conference on sustainable water management in developing countries- challenges and oppertunities. Memon et al. (ed.). Mehran University of engineering and technology, Jamshoro, Sindh, Pakistan, 15-17 September 2010. p. 219-225
- Arshad. M., R. Waqas and A. Khalid. 2009. Effective strategies to combat desertification. International Workshop on “Plant Conservation and Desrtification: a way forward”. October 12-13, 2009. PMAS Arid Agriculture University, Rawalpindi, Pakistan. (Abstract).
- Khalid, A., R. Waqas and M. Arshad. 2009. Formulation of Novel Biofertilizer for Stress Agriculture. (International Thematic Workshop on “Bioinoculant/ Biopesticide formulation, production and Application” 20th -22nd October, 2009).
NEWS ARTICLES PUBLISHED
Yaseen, F., R. Waqas and M. Arshad. A new innovation for sustainable agriculture. The Nation “Money Plus” September, 14th, 2009. PP. 26.