Dr. Muhammad Yahya Khan
Cell No: +92-334-6932996
HEC Approved Supervisor: No
- Beneficial Plant-Microbe Interactions
- Rhizobium-Legume Symbiosis
- Soil Microbiology & Biotechnology
- Development and Evaluation of Biofertilizers for Sustaining the Productivity of Legumes and Cereals on Degraded Soils (Salinity & Drought)
- Asghar, H.N., H.M. Rafique, M.Y. Khan and Z.A. Zahir. 2018. Phytoremediation of light crude oil by maize (Zea mays L) bio-augmented with plant growth promoting bacteria. Soil and Sediment Contamination: An International Journal.
- Akhtar, M.J., S. Ullah, I. Ahmad, A. Rauf, S.M. Nadeem, M.Y. Khan, S. Hussain, L. Bulgariu. 2018. Nickel phytoextraction through bacterial inoculation in Raphanus sativus. Chemosphere, 190: 234-242.
- Khan, M.Y., Z.A. Zahir, H.N. Asghar and E.A. Waraich. 2017. Preliminary investigations on selection of synergistic halotolerant plant growth promoting rhizobacteria for inducing salinity tolerance in wheat. Pakistan Journal of Botany, 49(4): 1541-1551.
- Ullah, S., M.Y. Khan, H.N. Asghar, M.J. Akhter and Z.A. Zahir. 2017. Differential response of single and coinoculation of Rhizobium leguminosarum and Mesorhizobium ciceri for inducing water deficit stress tolerance in wheat. Annals of Microbiology, DOI 10.1007/s13213-017-1302-2
- Shahzad, S., M.Y. Khan, Z.A. Zahir, H.N. Asghar and U.K. Chaudhry. 2017. Comparative effectiveness of different carriers to improve the efficacy of bacterial consortium for enhancing wheat production under salt affected field conditions. Pakistan Journal of Botany, 49(4): 1523-1530.
- Nadeem, S.M., M. Imran, M. Naveed, M.Y. Khan, M. Ahmad, Z.A. Zahir and D.E. Crowley. 2017. Synergistic use of biochar, compost and plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria for enhancing cucumber growth under water deļ¬cit conditions. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, DOI10.1002/jsfa.8393.
- Iqbal, S., M.Y. Khan, H.N. Asghar and M.J. Akhtar. 2016 Combined use of phosphate solubilizing bacteria and poultry manure to enhance the growth and yield of mung bean in calcareous soil. Soil & Environment, 35(2): 146-154.
- Nadeem, S.M., M. Naveed, M. Ayyub, M.Y. Khan, M. Ahmad and Z.A. Zahir. 2016. Potential, limitations and future prospects of Pseudomonas spp. for sustainable agriculture and environment: A Review. Soil & Environment, 35(2): 106-145
- Ahmad, M.T., H.N. Asghar, M. Saleem, M.Y. Khan and Z.A. Zahir. 2015. Synergistic effect of rhizobia and biochar on growth and physiology of maize. Agronomy Journal, 107 (6): doi:10.2134/agronj15.0212
- Niazi, M.T.H., S.U.R. Kashif, H.N. Asghar, M. Saleem, M.Y. Khan and Z.A. Zahir. 2015. Phosphate solubilizing bacteria in combination with pressmud improve growth and yield of mash bean. Journal of Animal and Plant Science, 25 (4).
- Saleem, M., H.N. Asghar, M.Y. Khan and Z.A. Zahir. 2015. Gibberellic acid in combination with press mud enhances the growth of sunflower and stabilizes chromium contaminated soil. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 22:10610–10617. DOI 10.1007/s11356-015-4275-3
- Farooq, H., H.N. Asghar, M.Y. Khan, M. Saleem and Z.A. Zahir. 2015. Auxin mediated growth of rice in cadmium contaminated soil. Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry, 39: 272-276.
- Khan, W.D., M. Faheem, M.Y. Khan, S. Hussain, M. A. Maqsood and T. Aziz. 2015. Zinc requirement for optimum grain yield and zinc biofortification depends on phosphorus application to wheat cultivars. Romanian Agricultural Research, 32: DII 2067-5720 RAR 2015-124.
- Ali, M.A., H.N. Asghar, M.Y. Khan, M. Saleem, M. Naveed and N.K. Niazi. 2015. Alleviation of nickelinduced stress in mungbean through application of gibberellic acid. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 17: 990-994.
- Khan, M.Y., H.N. Asghar, M.U. Jamshaid, M.J. Akhtar and Z.A. Zahir. 2013. Effect of microbial inoculation on wheat growth and phyto-stabilization of chromium contaminated soil. Pakistan Journal of Botany, 45(SI): 27-34.
- Asghar, H.N., M.A. Zafar. M.Y. Khan and Z.A. Zahir. 2013. Inoculation with ACC-deaminase containing bacteria to improve plant growth in petroleum contaminated soil. Romanian Agriculture Research, 30: 281-289.
- Sabir, S., H.N. Asghar, S.U.R. Kashif, M.Y. Khan and M.J. Akhtar. 2013. Synergistic effect of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria and kinetin on maize. Journal of Animal and Plant Science, 23 (6): 1750-1755.
- Aziz, M.Z., M. Saleem, Z. Ahmad, M. Yaseen, M. Naveed, M.Y. Khan, Y. Hamid, H.T. Ahmad, M.A. Akram, S. Anjum, M.U. Saleem, A. Hussain, M.U. Jamshaid, H. Javed and R. Gul. 2015. Effect of ethylene on growth, nodulation, early flower induction and yield in mungbean. International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research 6 (3)
- Aamir, M., A. Aslam, M.Y. Khan, M.U. Jamshaid, M. Ahmad, H.N. Asghar and Z.A. Zahir. 2013. Coinoculation with Rhizobium and plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR) for inducing salinity tolerance in mung bean under field condition of semi-arid climate. Asian Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 1(1): 7-12.
- Ali, T., S. Mahmood, M.Y. Khan, A. Aslam, M.B. Hussain, H.N. Asghar and M.J. Akhtar. 2013. Phytoremediation of cadmium contaminated soil by auxin assisted bacterial inoculation. Asian Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 1(2): 79-84.
- Nadeem, S.M., M.Y. Khan, M.R. Waqas, R. Binyamin, S. Akhtar and Z.A. Zahir. 2017. Arbuscular Mycorrhizas: An Overview. In; Q.-S. Wu (ed.), Arbuscular Mycorrhizas and Stress Tolerance of Plants, (pp. 1-24), Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. DOI 10.1007/978-981-10-4115-0_1.
- Ullah, S., M.B. Hussain, M.Y. Khan, and H.N. Asghar. 2017. Ameliorating Salt Stress in Crops through Plant Growth-Promoting Bacteria. In; D.P. Singh et al. (eds.), Plant-Microbe Interactions in Agro-Ecological Perspectives, (pp. 549-575) Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. DOI 10.1007/978-981-10-5813-4_28
- Saleem, M. H.N. Asghar, W. Ahmad, M.A. Akram, M.U. Saleem, M.Y. Khan, M. Naveed and Z.A. Zahir. 2017. Prospects of Bacterial-Assisted Remediation of Metal-Contaminated Soils. In; J.S. Singh, G. Seneviratne (eds.), Agro-Environmental Sustainability, (pp. 41-58) Springer International Publishing AG. DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-49727-3_3.
- Asghar, H.N., H.M., Rafique, Z.A., Zahir, M.Y., Khan, M.J., Akhtar, M., Naveed, and M. Saleem. 2016. Petroleum Hydrocarbons-Contaminated Soils: Remediation Approaches. In; Soil Science: Agricultural and Environmental Prospectives, (pp. 105-129). Springer International Publishing, Switzerland. DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-34451-5_5.