Dr. Sajid Mahmood Nadeem
Cell No: +92-333-6533119
HEC Approved Supervisor: yes
Plant growth under stress conditions with special references to microbial application. Microbial interaction with plants under stress conditions/Microbial ecology/diversity. Soil chemistry with special reference to salt-affected soil and water quality.
- Nadeem, S.M., M. Ahmad, Z.A. Zahir and M. Asharf. 2012. Microbial ACC-Deaminase Biotechnology: Perspectives and Applications in Stress Agriculture. In: D.K. Maheshwari, (ed) Bacteria in Agrobiology: Stress Management. Springer, Heidelberg, Germany.
- Nadeem, S.M., M. Naveed, Z.A. Zahir and H.N Asghar. 2013. Plant-Microbe Interactions for Sustainable Agriculture: Fundamentals and Recent Advances. In: N Arora (ed) Plant Microbe Symbiosis: Fundamentals and Advances. Springer, India.
- Nadeem S.M., M. Naveed, M. Ahmad and Z.A. Zahir. 2015. Rhizosphere bacteria for biomass production and improvement of stress tolerance: Mechanisms of action, applications and future prospects. In: N Arora (ed) Plant Microbe Symbiosis: Applied Facets Springer, India.
- Nadeem S.M., M. Ahmad, Z.A. Zahir and M.A. Kharal. Role of Phytohormones in Stress Tolerance of Plants. In: K.R. Hakeem and M.S. Akhtar. Plant, Soil and Microbes: Mechanisms and Molecular Interactions. Springer, Switzerland.
- Ahmad M., S.M. Nadeem, M. Naveed and Z.A. Zahir. Potassium Solubilizing Bacteria and their Application in Agriculture. In: V.S. Meena, B.R. Maurya, J.P. Verma and R.S. Meena (eds). Potassium Solubilizing Microorganisms for Sustainable Agriculture. Springer, India
- Ghafoor, A., S. M. Nadeem, Anwar-ul-Hassan and M. Sadiq. 2001. Reclamation response of two different textured saline-sodic soils to ECiw: SARiw. Pak. J. Soil Sci. 19: 84-91.
- Nadeem S. M., A. Ghafoor, G. Murtaza and Saifullah. 2002. Reclamation of dense saline-sodic soils through physical and chemical methods. Pak. J. Soil Sci. 21: 67-71
- Nadeem, S.M., I. Hussain, M. Naveed, H.N. Ashgar, Z.A. Zahir and M. Arshad. 2006. Performance of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria containing ACC-deaminase activity for improving growth of maize under salt-stressed conditions. Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Sciences 43: 114-121.
- Nadeem, S.M., Z.A. Zahir, M. Naveed, M. Arshad and S.M. Shahzad.2006. Variation in growth and ion uptake of maize due to inoculation with plant growth promoting rhizobacteria under salt stress. Soil & Environment 25: 78-84.
- Nadeem, S.M., Z.A. Zahir, M. Naveed and M. Arshad. 2007. Preliminary investigation on inducing salt tolerance in maize through inoculation with rhizobacteria containing ACC-deaminase activity. Canadian Journal of Microbiology 53: 1141-1149. (Impact factor 1.26)
- Mehboob, I., M. Naveed, A. Mahboob, S. M. Shahzad, M. A. Anjum and S. M. Nadeem. 2008. Influence of temperature and texture on potassium fixation by three differently textured series. Life Sciences International Journal. 2: 753-759.
- Mehboob, I., A. Mahboob, M. Naveed, S.M. Nadeem, A. Anjum and S.M. Shahzad. 2008. Effect of texture and CaCO3 on K-fixation of applied potassium. Life Sciences International Journal 2: 678-683.
- Naveed, M., R. Ahmad, M.A. Nadeem, S.M. Nadeem, K. Shahzad and M.A. Anjum. 2008. Effect of a new post emergence herbicide application in combination with urea on the growth, yield and weeds control of maize (Zea mays L.). Journal of Agricultural Research 46: 157-171.
- Zahir, Z.A., U. Ghani, M. Naveed, S.M., Nadeem, and M. Arshad. 2009. Comparative effectiveness of Pseudomonas and Serratia sp. containing ACC-deaminase for improving growth and yield of wheat under salt-stressed conditions. Archives of Microbiology. 191:415-24. (Impact factor 1.92)
- Nadeem, S.M., Z.A. Zahir, M. Naveed and M. Arshad. 2009. Rhizobacteria containing ACC-deaminase confer salt tolerance in maize grown on salt affected fields. Canadian Journal of Microbiology. 55:1302-1309. (Impact factor 1.26)
- Nadeem, S.M., Z.A. Zahir, M. Naveed, H.N. Asghar and M. Arshad. 2010. Rhizobacteria capable of producing ACC-deaminase and exopolysaccharides may mitigate the salt stress in wheat. Soil Science Society of America Journal. 74:533-542 (Impact factor 2.18)
- Nadeem, S. M., Z.A. Zahir, M. Naveed and M. Ashraf. 2010. Microbial ACC-deaminase: Prospects and applications for inducing salt tolerance in plants. Critical Review in Plant Sciences. 29: 360-393 (Impact factor 4.76)
- Zahir, Z.A., S. S. Akhtar, M. Maqshoof, Safullah, S.M. Nadeem. 2012. Comparative effectiveness of Enterobacter aerogenes and Pseudomonas fluorescens for mitigating the depressing effect of brackish water on maize. International Journal of Agriculture & Biology. 14: 337-344 (Impact Factor 0.94)
- Jorquera, M. A., Baby Shaharoona, S. M Nadeem, Maria de la Luz Mora and David E. Crowley. 2012. Plant growth promoting rhizobacteria associated with ancient clones of creosote bush (Larrea tridentata). Microbial Ecology 64: 1008-1017 (Impact factor 3.27)
- Nadeem, S.M., B. Shaharoona, M. Arshad and David E. Crowley. 2012. Population density and functional diversity of plant-growth-promoting rhizobacteria associated with avocado trees in saline soils. Applied Soil Ecology 62: 147-154 (Impact factor 2.37)
- Nadeem, S.M., Z.A. Zahir, M. Naveed and S. Nawaz. 2013. Mitigation of salinity induced negative impact on growth and yield of wheat by plant growth promoting rhizobacteria in naturally saline conditions. Annals of Microbiology 63: 225-232 (Impact factor 1.54).
- Safdar Hussain, Muhammad Ahmad, Saeed Ahmad, Javaid Iqbal, Muhammad Nasir Subhani, Sajid Mahmood Nadeem, Sagheer Atta and Muhammad Ibrahim. 2013. Improvement of drought tolerance in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) by foliar application of abscisic acid and potassium chloride. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition 12: 345-352
- Safdar Hussain, M. Farrukh Saleem, Javaid Iqbal, Sajid Mahmood Nadeem, Muhammad Ahmad and Muhammad Ibrahim. 2013. Profitability assessment of abscisic acid application on sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) hybrid under drought and well watered conditions. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition 12:448-454
- Ahmad M, Zahir ZA, Nadeem SM, Nazli F, Jamil M, Khalid M. 2013. Field evaluation of Rhizobium and Pseudomonas strains to improve growth, nodulation and yield of mung bean under salt-affected conditions. Soil Environ 32:158–165
- Nadeem, S.M., Z.A. Zahir, A. Javaid, and M. Ahmad. 2014. The role of mycorrhizae and plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR) in improving agricultural productivity under stressful environments in plants. Biotechnology Advances. 32: 429–448 (Impact factor 9.60)
- Ibrahim M., M. M. Maqbool, M. Ayub, M.I. Ahmad, M. Tahir, M.S. Nadeem, T. UlHaq, and M. M. Nadeem. 2014. Evaluating the forage yield and quality potential of different maize cultivars under different harvesting times. International Journal of Modern Agriculture. 3: 1-6
- Ibrahim M., M. Ayubb, M. M. Maqbool, S. M. Nadeem, T. Haq, S. Hussain, A. Ali and L. M. Lauriault. 2014. Forage yield components of irrigated maize–legume mixtures at varied seed ratios. Field Crops Research 169:140–144 (Impact factor 2.61)
- Ahamd M., Z. A. Zahir, S. M. Nadeem, F. Nazli, M. Jamil and M. U. Jamshaid. 2014. Physiological response of mung bean to rhizobium and pseudomonas based biofertilizers under salinity stress. Pak. J. Agri. Sci., 51: 557-564 (Impact factor 1.24)
- Tanveer ul Haq, A. Ali, S.M. Nadeem, M. M. Maqbool and M. Ibrahim.2014. Performance of canola cultivars under drought stress induced by withholding irrigation at different growth stages. Soil & Environ 33:43–50
- Hussain S., M. F. Saleem, J. Iqbal, M. Ibrahim, M. Ahmad, S. M. Nadeem, A. Ali and S.Atta. 2015. Abscisic acid mediated biochemical changes in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) grown under drought and well-watered field conditions. J Animal and Plant Science 25: 406-416 (Impact factor 0.549)
- Malik M. A., S. M. Nadeem, M. Ibrahim1and S. Hussain. 2015. Effective use of brackish water for improving soil properties and chickpea (Cicer arietinum) growth through organic amendments. Soil & Environ 34: 65-74
- Ahamd M, M.S.H Zeshan, M. Nasim, Z.A. Zahir, S.M. Nadeem, F. Nazli and M. Jamil. 2015. Improving the productivity of cucumber through combined application of organic fertilizers and Pseudomonas fluorescens. Pak. J. Agri. Sci. 52:1011-1016 (Impact factor 1.24)
- Imran M., M. Arshad, A. Khalidc, F. Negm, B. Shaharoona, S. Hussain, S.M. Nadeem and D.E. Crowley. 2016. Yeast extract promotes decolorization of azo dyes by 1 stimulating azoreductase activity in Shewanella sp. Strain IFN4. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. 124: 42-49 (Impact factor 3.13)
- Nadeem SM, M. Ahmad, · M Naveed, ·M. Imran, · ZA Zahir, DE. Crowley. 2016. Relationship between in vitro characterization and comparative efficacy of plant growthâ€‘promoting rhizobacteria for improving cucumber salt tolerance. Archives of Microbiology. (Impact factor 1.76)
- Ahmad M., M. Jamil, Z.A. Zahir, S.M. Nadeem, M. Ali Kharal, A. Saeed, M.F. Akhtar, I. Ashraf. 2016. Effectiveness of Pseudomonas fluorescens and L-Tryptophan to improve seedlings growth of onion (Alium cepa L.). Soil & Environ 35: 85-90.